| Around the 'Bolt...
Search the 'Bolt - more than 100,000 pages of info. Start here if you're hunting!
More than 38,400 registered
from around the world talking old trucks, some hard core restoration help, tall tales and exciting moments (with videos!).
Gallery More than 3,140 old truck stories with photos from Stovebolters worldwide! More in our DITY Gallery. Year at a Glance - all the Gallery entries from 2015 and from 2014.
Helpful tips on truck restoration, identification, preservation; project stories, Build Blogs and Stovebolt histories.
More than 1,025 useful sites for
information, parts, electrical, fire trucks, services, other sites, tools, insurance, clubs and a "publications library."
Find out who's doing what, where and when! See who else is in your neighborhood with an old truck. Read some great stories and enjoy all the pictures.
FREE Classified ads for trucks, parts, truck citings, eBay / Craigslist, Hauling Board, Stovebolt Spotting Alert, Freebies! and other good stuff.
Nothing new under the sun ... got some good Frequently Asked Questions here, and will probably have more!
Sagas, Feature Stories, The "Roadkill" Commentaries, The old "It
Ran When I Parked It" Photo Contests, Poster Contest, and some stuff we've
done here and there and don't know where else to put it!
'Bolter wear, calendars, bling and other goodies!
About Us, Contacting Us, Stovebolt Supporters,
and other pertinent administrivia.
Return to the home page
Summer time reading: The Stovebolt Driving Report
to our Virtual Garage for pre-1973 GM trucks -- If you're restoring, preserving or just driving an ole "Stovebolt," this website has information we know you'll find useful for living with your old truck -- links to parts vendors (the best list of Stovebolt-related links on the 'Net!), a Gallery of old trucks, helpful Tech Tips, a virtual Swap Meet where you can find (or sell) those elusive parts to complete your restoration projects. We even have a discussion forum where you can ask questions, post ideas and even hang out with some old rusty Stovebolters!
We have a lot of things here but the best one is knowledge and we share
it for free (no membership dues or pay-to-view).
So pull up a virtual running board, cop a squat and check the Gallery for lots of old truck stories. If you have some questions about the old GM truck project you are working on, try our FAQ, Tech Tips or jump right into The Forums, where the Stovebolt Brain Trust resides.
We've got everything in here from 1/2-tons to 3-tons, COE's, Panels and 'Burbs, Firetrucks, Tow trucks -- Lots of trucks in all shapes, sizes and stages of restoration and enjoyment.
Join us and make us stronger
Because none of us are as smart as all of us!
New Links Added
Featured New Link!
Indianapolis Fabrications -- Randy "RDomeck" Domeck of Indianapolis Fabrications offers a disc brake conversion kit and for each one sold, he makes a contribution to support the site. Thanks for supporting Randy and to Randy for this generous offer.
- Determining Classic Truck Value -- News article written by Jamey Holt on the valuations of classic cars and what people can do to increase the value of said vehicle. [ Publications / How To ]
- Rehab Garage -- Classics, Hot Rods and Cycles. Allen Lane stumbled onto this one in Texas (check Allen's thread). "He is doing 18 1947 - 1953 GM trucks for a business ... one at a time." [ Services / Restorations ]
- The Pickup Truck Chronicles - A History of the American Pickup Truck. There are a few sections on our trucks from 1918 thru 1972 [ Truck Sites / General Info ]
- Dead Wrench-- A "classifieds" of sorts - general posting of old trucks and cars available, for restoration or parts AmtrakJoe recommended him - bought a 2-ton from him. "Good to deal with" -- located in Kansas. [ Services / Buy /Sell ]
- Alloy Artifacts -- Museum of Tool History ... Your first stop for info on antique wrenches & hand tools [ Tools - updated ]
- Garage Art -- "Your dream garage starts here" -- signs, fuel pumps, clocks, even retro trash cans! [ Other Neat Stuff ]
- Caterpillar Forklift Trucks; Mitsubishi Forklift Trucks; and Jungheinrich -- Noticed in the forum chat that some of you have been picking up a forklift to help with your restoration project. Well, Mike Hall thought we could use these links! [ Truck Sites / Other Marque Sites ]
- Truly Vintage -- Enclosed trailer for hauling. Check his forum posts for Jim's information.
- My Car Trim -- "Premium Side Body Moldings" ... "can be custom-built for almost any vehicle make or model" [ Parts / Accessories ]
- RCG Logistics -- Auto Transport Services [ Services / Transport ]
- Creative Safety Supply -- Tool Foam organizers for your toolbox; create the layout and then cut the foam [ Tools ]
School's out for summer
But this "Hotrod Bus" is ready to roll, with the family of six, to do all the fun things -- like cruise-ins -- that a Stovebolt family would do! Ja?
We just added Fred Claridge's update for his 1956 Chevy Short School Bus. Fred got the truck in December 2008 and plenty of things stalled progress. But not now! A helpful family, some big plans and they are ready to go!
Others added to the Gallery for June
Jim "SLAWNSKI" Slawnikowski's 1954 Chevy 3/4-Ton Chevy
1948-53-54 "Mixed Bag" Chevy Stakebed
A long time to get the story of "Mo" and "Basket Case" in print but a lot of living happening around it all!
Jimmy "subsporter" Porter's 1947 Chevy 2-Ton Flatbed with Dump -- Was moving the old Chevy around the farm since he was 10; now it's his and he's working out some ideas.
Bobby "BH1713" Holmes' 1958 Chevy Short Bed Stepside Apache -- Some good Father and Son time working on old trucks; learning to drive with a 3-on-a- tree ... then a huge time gap -- but Bobby now has a nice old truck again